Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most frequently asked questions. Click on the question to get the answers.
Yes. Generally, you want a discrete graphics card (rather than integrated), and lots of RAM. PC-Crash is Windows-only: Mac or Linux users need to run a VM.
- Recommended hardware:
- 64-bit processor and Operating system
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- Quad-Core Processor
- 16 GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX1660 6GB or comparable
- DirectX version 12
- 40 GB available Hard Drive space
Updates are free, and upgrades are not required. PC-Crash had historically annual releases of new versions. Previous versions continue to work without upgrades, but PC-Crash is not forward-compatible, so older versions cannot open project files made with newer versions.
Upgrades are prices are here.
installation and getting it running
The USB port is not working or may broken; please try different USB ports on the computer, preferably not one on a USB hub or extension cable. If you suspect the dongle is broken, please contact email@example.com.
– Download the latest license files, and install them as detailed in the PC-Crash Installation Guide. Ensure that the licence files get installed to the correct folder, eg C:\Program Files (x86)\PCCrash140. Don’t accept the default destination of C:\Program Files (x86).
– Please ensure your dongle is inserted in a working USB port.
– Try different USB ports on the computer, preferably not one on a USB hub or extension cable.
– If your dongle is blue, please ensure you are running the 32-bit version of PC-Crash. If you would like to run the 64-bit version of – PC-Crash and currently have a blue dongle, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade to a 64-bit dongle.
– Your dongle drivers may not have installed correctly. If you are unsure whether you have the correct drivers installed, please Review this PDF – PC-Crash – Dongle Reinstall
Run the installer for the missing component from your installation media. For example, YOUR_MEDIA:\PC-Crash 11.0\DISK1\VCRedist has executables which will install the required Visual C++ libraries.
1. Reinstall PC-Crash
2. Please ensure all the necessary prerequisites for PC-Crash were installed correctly. Insert Disk 1 and run the set up again. A “Prerequisites” window may pop up and you will be able to check which prerequisites are required and installed.
GoPro Studio sometimes creates a conflict. To fix, browse to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and then remove these files:
– ippjw7-6 .1
Use the provided SPECS database instead.
– Go to File > Default Settings.
– Change the Vehicle Database directory to the SPECS folder in your PC-Crash program folder.
Please ensure you have installed all the provided PC-Crash installation disks. PC-Crash version 11.0 includes three installation disks; PC-Crash versions 10.2 and earlier include two installation disks.
TROUBLES when USING
Resetting the Ribbon usually fixes this.
– Right-click in the blue area next to the menus. Click “Customize”.
– Click on the Ribbon tab.
– If you have customizations, you’ll want to Export them before resetting.
– Click the Reset button.
– You may need to restart PC-Crash.
You can reload your customizations with the same Import/Export button in the Ribbon Customization window.
PC-Crash does not have every make and model but is continuously being updated with every new version of PC-Crash. If you are running one of the earlier versions of PC-Crash and would like to upgrade, please contact email@example.com.
You can also get custom 3D models. If you send us a 3D model in a standard format (OBJ or WRL preferred), we can convert it for use with PC-Crash. Please allow a few days for the conversion to be completed.
The Updater caches files. If files were corrupted on download, the Updater can encounter the same error over and over. To fix:
– Browse to the following hidden folder, where USER is your profile, and XX.x is your PC-Crash version number: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\updater_temp_PC-Crash XX.x
– Delete the most recent subfolder
– Try the Updater again